Guided meditation is a form of meditation that involves a teacher or guide that provides verbal cues to help the practitioner focus their attention on a particular object, thought, or sensation. The guide may use imagery, breathing techniques, or visualization exercises to help the practitioner achieve a state of deep relaxation and mental clarity.
Guided meditation can be done individually or in a group setting. It can be practiced in person or online, and there are many guided meditation apps and videos available for those who prefer to practice at home. *I recommend for beginners join an offline meditation class or group. It is easier to meditate in a group and if you have any problems or concerns you can ask the teacher.
How to Practice Guided Meditation
To practice meditation, follow these steps:
1. Find a quiet and comfortable space where you will not be disturbed. You may want to use a cushion or chair for support.
2. Choose a guided meditation exercise that resonates with you. There are many guided meditation apps and videos available online, or you can work with a meditation teacher to create a personalized practice. My meditation tips, Read article 16 Meditation Tips for Beginners to Help You Succeed
3. Follow the instructions of the guide, paying attention to your breath, thoughts, and physical sensations. Try to stay present and attentive, letting go of any distractions or judgments.
4. Practice regularly, ideally daily or several times a week. This will help to reinforce the benefits of the practice and deepen your understanding of yourself.
10 Guided Meditation Websites
Each meditation is different, try them all and stick to the meditation practice that helps you to still your mind. Let me know what you think, by leaving a comment below.
1. Ananda Sangha
Get Started video:
Pranayama – breathing techniques
Learn how to meditate and guided meditation (video)
15-30 minute guided mediations
3. Baba Shiva Rudra Balayogi – Timeless meditation
Learn the Jangama Dhyana’ Meditation
4. The Free Mindfulness Project
Over 30 audio tracks of free Guided Meditations:
The Free Mindfulness Project – Free Resources
5. Ryan Kurczak –Kriya Yoga Meditation
20-Minute Meditation Session
45-Minute Guided Kriya Yoga Meditation Practice
Learn kriya yoga practices
6. Easwaran – Passage Meditation
Introductory course on passage meditation:
About the meditation
7. Audio Dharma
Forty audio tracks of free guided meditations are available from a variety of teachers.
AudioDharma – Guided Meditations
8. Fragrant Heart
50 audio tracks of free Guided Meditations:
9. Do Yoga With Me
30 audio tracks of free Guided Meditations:
10. Tara Brach
Over 100 audio tracks of Guided Meditations: